Quick Facts about this Tour
- Meet & greet by our airport representative.
- Private arrival transfer using quality vehicles.
- Experience Oman on self drive basis in a tented 4WD vehicle.
- Assistance of GPS device, Road map & our experienced staff.
- Visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.
- Visit Bait Al Zubair Museum, Muttrah Souq.
- Visit Al Alam Palace, Jalali-Mirani Forts, Muttrah Corniche.
- Mountain Crossing from Wadi Bani Awf
- Stay in the cool Jabal Shams
- Visit the remote village of Misfat Al Abryeen
- Visit the historical town of Nizwa and Stay in Jabal Akhdar
- Stay in Wahaiba Sands and visit Wadi Bani Khalid
- Visit Al Ashkharah Beach and watch Green Turtle at Ras Al Jinz.
- Drive through the scenic coastal road and visit Wadi Tiwi and Bimmah Sinkhole
RATES: UPON REQUEST
DAY 01 : MUSCAT
Arrival Muscat International Airport, Meet our representative and then transfer to the Hotel. Overnight at Muscat.
DAY 02 : MUSCAT
Morning around 0900 hours our representative will deliver the 4WD Tented vehicle at your hotel. Today’s plan includes places in and around Muscat city. Start with the beautiful Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque (closed on Fridays and public holidays), one of the largest mosques in the Middle East. Visit the Bait Zubair Museum, exhibiting the wealth of Oman’s Cultural history and thus imparting knowledge about the country’s rich culture and traditions to the visitor. Later you drive along the picturesque Corniche to the once walled district of Old Muscat. You may stop outside Al Alam Palace, the residence of his Majesty Sultan Qaboos for some photos. The palace is flanked by the 16th century Portuguese forts Mirani and Jalali. Then you may stroll through Muttrah Souq, where you will be bargaining for handicrafts and silver items. Overnight at Muscat
DAY 03 : MUSCAT – NAKHAL – WADI BANI AWF – JEBEL SHAMS
After breakfast start the first leg of your adventurous road trip in Oman. Drive towards the city of Nakhal and visit Nakhal Fort. The narrow road through the town winds up to the Hot Springs of Ayn Al Thuwarah, which is a popular picnic spot. Continue to enter Wadi Bani Awf, known as snake canyon for the series of winding roads through mountains which leads you to the village of Al Hamra. Then drive up to Jebel Shams, Grand Canyon of Oman. Jebel Shams will be the first camping destination for you. Overnight at Jebel Shams
DAY 04 : JEBEL SHAMS – MISFAT AL ABRIYYIN – AL HAMRA
This Morning drive down all the way to Al Hamra. En route you may stop at Wadi Ghul, the farming village in the mountains. Later drive to the historical village of Misfat Al Abriyyin, one of the oldest village of Oman where civilization is there. You may go for a short walk in and around the village, but make sure you are wearing something which covers your knees. Then drive back to Al Hamra. Al Hamra will be the second camping destination for you. Overnight at Al Hamra
DAY 05 : AL HAMRA – BAHLA – JABREEN – NIZWA – JABAL AKHDAR
Today you will head towards Jabal Akhdar, the green mountains of Oman. On the way you will visit the mystical village of Bahla, which is famous for Arabian Potteries. You may also go for Bahla Fort (closed on Fridays and public holidays). Thereafter proceed to visit Jabreen Castle built in 17th century, with magnificent plasterwork, wooden carvings; painted ceiling makes this castle amazingly different. Then you will visit historical town of Nizwa. You will see the beautiful Nizwa Fort (closed on Fridays and public holidays) with its massive Circular Cannon Tower, making it one of the most impressive forts in Oman and walk through the traditional Nizwa Souq (closed on Fridays and public holidays). Later drive up to Jabal Akhdar. Visit the terrace plantations, village of Saiq & Wadi Bani Habib. Jabal Akhdar will be the third camping destination for you. Overnight at Jabal Akhdar
DAY 06 : JABAL AKHDAR – BIRKAT AL MOUJ – IBRA – WAHIBA
This morning proceed to Wahiba Sands. On the way you may like to visit Birkat Al Mouj, the place where you found lush green date plantation. Drive up to the view point to get some spectacular snaps of the ruins of the old village and plantations. While you move forward you will notice the dramatic change of nature of the landscapes. En route you will visit another historical village of Ibra. Ruins of the old Ibra village is an ultimate place for the photographers. There after reach Bidiyah, from where the desert starts. Tonight, you may stay in your camp or you can book one of the local guest houses there. Guest house is recommended because you may need a proper bath and relaxation to complete the remaining stretch of your journey after three days of a tiring drive. You may go for a drive into the desert by to see the sunset. Overnight at Wahiba
DAY 07 : WAHIBA – AL ASHKHARAH – RAS AL HADD
Today you will head towards the south eastern direction to the coastal area. On the way you will be visiting several traditional villages of Oman like, Al Kamil Wal Wafi, Jalan Bani Bu Hassan, Jalan Bani Bu Ali. By passing all the villages you will reach Al Ashkharah, one of the most beautiful and scenic beaches of Oman. There after you will drive further to the north on the coastal road. You will be passing scenic Ras Al Ru’ays beach to reach Ras Al Hadd. Ras Al Hadd will be the camping destination for you tonight. You can also visit Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve to see the green turtles who are coming after a journey of thousands of kilometers to lay their eggs. Overnight at Ras Al Hadd
DAY 08 : RAS AL HADD – SUR – MUSCAT
Today is the last leg of the entire journey. Major part of today’s drive will be on the coastal road. You will drive to Sur, the marine city of Oman. Here you can see how the dhows are getting prepared. Later the road leads through scenic countryside and rugged mountains to the small fishing towns. On the coastal road you stop for some pictures at Bibi Miriam Mausoleum in Qalhat, Wadi Tiwi and Fins Beach. You may also stop at limestone Sinkhole in Bimmah before reaching Muscat. After reaching Muscat check in at hotel. Our representative will come to collect the vehicle from you. Evening spent at leisure. Overnight at Muscat
DAY 09 : DEPARTURE
After breakfast get a departure transfer to the Muscat International Airport to get the flight to fly back home. Tour ends.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prices are indicative and all respective services are purely subjected to availability upon final confirmations with payment.
- All current applicable taxes have been included while quoting. If there is any increase in government levies, existing tax structure, accommodation rates extended by respective hotels, hike in the fuel prices or air fare, etc. will be charged extra as applicable at the time of travel.
- VAT (Value Added Tax): Rates are subjected to the implementation of any new taxes introduced by the Oman government during the course of the contractual period. The said tax will be levied (if applicable) as per the government norms on the above rates quoted and will be effective as per the guidelines provided by the concerned government authorities.
- It is recommended that you take necessary travel insurance to cover medical expenses in case of an accident/illness, loss of baggage/personal belongings, change of air tickets and cancellation of the tour.
- All arrangements made by Infinite Tours are in the capacity of an agent only. We shall not be liable for any claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed flights, etc. & all acts of force majeure.