Quick Facts about this Tour
- You will go to Oman’s southern region Dhofar
- You will visit the Sultan Qaboos mosque,
- Plantations, Al Balid Museum and the traditional Hafa Souq
Visit “The Museum of the Frankincense Land”. Opened in July 2007 at Al Balid Archaeological Park, a UNESCO heritage site located in Salalah, the Frankincense Land Museum is the latest addition to Oman’s heritage and cultural scene.
It houses two main halls, namely the History Hall, depicting the geography, history of the ancient Frankincense trail and the historical background of the Sultanate through a number of archaeological findings, and The Marine Hall, featuring displays about the development of Oman’s rich marine history. A complete history of the Maritime trade & ship building industry of Oman could be experienced here, with meticulously carved replicas of the ancient boats & ships of the Omani Maritime trade.
Drive through lush green plantations of vegetables & fruits. Make a brief stop to experience the locally grown fruits and vegetables at fruits and vegetable stall.
Visit the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque in central Salalah. Built in 2009 the mosque welcomes thousands of worshippers. The largest mosque in Salalah is opened for non- Muslim visitors from Saturdays to Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
View the Official Palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) & stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high-quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs.
Return to the hotel.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen, Steady shoes, Hat
- Please pay attention to the local customs of taking photographs
- No photography/filming allowed at the Museum.
What to Wear:
- Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
- Please pay attention to the specified dress code by visiting Sultan Qaboos Mosque from inside.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prices are indicative and all respective services are purely subjected to availability upon final confirmations with payment.
- All current applicable taxes have been included while quoting. If there is any increase in government levies, existing tax structure, accommodation rates extended by respective hotels, hike in the fuel prices or air fare, etc. will be charged extra as applicable at the time of travel.
- VAT (Value Added Tax): Rates are subjected to the implementation of any new taxes introduced by the Oman government during the course of the contractual period. The said tax will be levied (if applicable) as per the government norms on the above rates quoted and will be effective as per the guidelines provided by the concerned government authorities.
- It is recommended that you take necessary travel insurance to cover medical expenses in case of an accident/illness, loss of baggage/personal belongings, change of air tickets and cancellation of the tour.
- All arrangements made by Infinite Tours are in the capacity of an agent only. We shall not be liable for any claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed flights, etc. & all acts of force majeure.