Quick Facts about this Tour
- Private airport transfers using quality vehicles from/to Salalah International Airport.
- Licensed English speaking driver cum guides.
- Visit the city of Salalah – Al Balid Archaeological Park, Haffah Souq, etc.
- Visit East & West Salalah – Taqah, Khor Rori, Mirbat, Mughsail, etc.
RATES: UPON REQUEST
DAY 01: ARRIVAL SALALAH.
On arrival in Salalah Airport, Meet & greet outside the airport then transfer to Hotel. In the afternoon proceed to visit “The Museum of the Frankincense Land”. Opened in July 2007 at Al Balid Archaeological Park, a UNESCO heritage site located in Salalah, the Frankincense Land Museum is the latest addition to Oman’s heritage and cultural scene.
It houses two main halls, namely the History Hall, depicting the geography, history of the ancient Frankincense trail and the historical background of the Sultanate through a number of archaeological findings, and The Marine Hall, featuring displays about the development of Oman’s rich marine history. A complete history of the Maritime trade & ship building industry of Oman could be experienced here, with meticulously carved replicas of the ancient boats & ships of the Omani Maritime trade.
Drive through lush green plantations of vegetables & fruits. Make a brief stop to taste a fresh coconut water drink at fruit stalls (at own cost) lining the streets within the periphery of the old Salalah town (Haffah). Make a Photo stop at the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque.
View the Official Palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) & stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high-quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs. The smell of frankincense fills the souk. Haffah souk is very attractive with its small shops lined up with straight piles of incense boxes, clay incense burners colorfully decorated with traditional patterns and bags of incense crystals. This gives us an ample opportunity for shopping, before we return to the hotel. Over Night at Hotel
DAY 02: FULL DAY VISIT OF EAST & WEST SALALAH
The excursion begins in the morning with a visit to the old fishing village of ‘Taqah’, famous for the manufacture of ‘Dried Sardines’ & its traditional & old ‘Dhofari Houses’. Visit the century old ‘Taqah Castle’, the former official residence of the ‘Wali’ (Governor) of the region & obtain a glimpse into the rich history of the region.
Continue onto the ancient ruins of the once famous city of Sumharam (Khor Rohri). The city was the easternmost outpost of the Hadramawt Kingdom on the ancient incense route between the Mediterranean Sea, Persian Gulf and India. Khor Rori was an important port on the coast of Dhofar, and one of the major trading cities with frankincense, believed to have been the hub & harbour for the shipping of Frankincense (UNESCO World Heritage site).
A picturesque drive then leads you to ‘Mirbat’, the ancient capital of Dhofar and the beginning of the ‘Frankincense trail’. Stroll through the streets lined with old Omani mud houses & visit the ‘twin-domed Bin Ali’s Tomb’ as a photo stop …a classic example of medieval architecture.
On our way back to western Salalah, explore the natural spring of ‘Ayn Razat’, beautifully laid out amidst the tranquil lush mountains & nourished every day of the year by natural underground spring water.
Thereafter we proceed to ‘Qara’ mountains to explore the western part of Salalah.
On a road steadily winding up a steep incline, herds of Camels & Cattle are a common sight which gives a scenic view of a traditional Dhofari rural beauty. Visit the ancient tomb of ‘Prophet Job’ situated in the scenic green mountains of the Salalah Plains. Experience the legendary story of Prophet Job and his devoutness.
Proceed to the beach of Mughsail where the white sand touches the deep blue of the ocean & at high tide, where waves burst through the natural titanic ‘Blow Holes’, at the far end of the ‘Rocky beach’ with a cave-like entrance.
We thereafter continue along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road towards Western Border of Oman, with its breathtaking cliffs on either side, to see the historical ‘Frankincense trees’ growing in their natural habitat, deep down in the valleys, dotting the dry & craggy countryside. We take a short walk into the valleys to smell the ‘Holy Incense’ amidst the scenic view of the region.
On our return journey we make a photo stop at the lagoon at Mughsail where migratory birds – occasionally flamingos – are a common sight. Return to the hotel.
DAY 03: DEPARTURE TRANSFER
Departure transfer to Salalah Airport for your flight to Muscat.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prices are indicative and all respective services are purely subjected to availability upon final confirmations with payment.
- All current applicable taxes have been included while quoting. If there is any increase in government levies, existing tax structure, accommodation rates extended by respective hotels, hike in the fuel prices or air fare, etc. will be charged extra as applicable at the time of travel.
- VAT (Value Added Tax): Rates are subjected to the implementation of any new taxes introduced by the Oman government during the course of the contractual period. The said tax will be levied (if applicable) as per the government norms on the above rates quoted and will be effective as per the guidelines provided by the concerned government authorities.
- It is recommended that you take necessary travel insurance to cover medical expenses in case of an accident/illness, loss of baggage/personal belongings, change of air tickets and cancellation of the tour.
- All arrangements made by Infinite Tours are in the capacity of an agent only. We shall not be liable for any claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed flights, etc. & all acts of force majeure.